Art appreciation may vary from person to person, yet a few standouts appeals to the majority and attain an unquestionable image of beauty. The tourbillon, which was just a mechanical solution before, has come to reach such point of artistic appeal, with enthusiasts, experts, and newbies alike always marvelling at the sight of one. Until this very day, the tourbillon is still a sight to behold, often used as a key feature on fine timepieces by luxury watch brands. Among them, one model has caught attention of the horology world—the Jaeger-LeCoultre Duomètre Sphérotourbillon Watch.
Compare Jaeger-LeCoultre Duomètre Sphérotourbillon Prices Online
Price when reviewed: $238,000.00
An entire Duomètre line, where the Sphérotourbillon Watch is part of, has been released by Jaeger-LeCoultre to celebrate wonderful aesthetics that features the “dual wing”, or the separating of the two barrels: one for the time and the other for the complication.
- Movement: Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 382; Mechanical (manually-wound)
- Case: Pink gold (18k); polished
- Case Dimensions: Thickness: 14.1mm; Diameter: 42mm
- Sphérotourbillon: 105 total parts
- Dial: Crystalline with pink gold
- Functions: Date, hour, minute, small seconds; power reserve
- Strap: Crocodile leather (hand-sewn)
The Jaeger-LeCoultre Duomètre Sphérotourbillon Watch is undeniably precious-looking, with the Sphérotourbillon displayed as if it is floating on air, exposing its 105 parts for any spectator to admire. The circular shape of the tourbillon completes the other three dials showing the main time with date on its outline, 24-hour subdial, and running seconds sub-dial. Added to all these are two power reserve pointers for the two barrels of the duometre.
The back of this piece is a pretty sight as well, with the two barrels easily seen with appropriate labels. The neat arrangement of the dial and movement is remarkable too, reflective of the level of expertise of Jaeger-LeCoultre engineers and watch-makers.
The beauty of the Sphérotourbillon in the dial is truly unquestionable, yet the dial has been packed with a lot of elements that makes it look too crowded. With the main time, small seconds, date, 24-hours all monitored, it can be too confusing for some.
- Chopard Happy Snowflake Watch
- Hublot Big Bang Cuddly Cuff One Click Watch
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Night & Day Large Watch
- Jaeger LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Tourbillon Watch