Women’s status and role in the society has greatly changed over the years, with women icons of today fiercely pushing for great women empowerment. But we never forget the exemplary women leaders and icons of the past, who had it worse, but managed to rise up to the society’s standards and inspire generations of women later on. One of them was Lettice Curtis, arguably the best female pilot back in the WWII and a definite badass woman who was admired by many. Bremont decided to pay tribute to the inspirational woman, releasing the Bremont SOLO-32-LC-WH-BR Watch named after her—a symbol of a woman’s resilience and strength behind her beauty.
Compare Bremont Solo Watch Prices Online
Release Date: 2016
Bremont has an affinity and a high level of expertise when it comes to aviation chronometers, which is why it’s no surprise that they paid homage to a female pilot through the Bremont SOLO-32-LC-WH-BR Watch.
- Movement: Modified calibre 9’’’ BE-10AE automatic chronometer
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date at 6H
- Crystal: Sapphire (anti-reflective and scratch resistant)
- Case: Polished stainless steel with 18k rose gold Bremont Trip-Tick® construction
- Case dimensions: lug width 16mm, diameter 32mm, and thickness 9.65mm.
- Dial: Metal with steel hands (blue); solid rose gold hands; applied rose gold numerals and indexes
- Water resistance: 50 meters
The watch, which is a tribute to the female pilot who flew a wide range of military aircrafts including a four-engine bomber, steps up to be worthy of the name it was given. Its solid construction assures of a sturdy watch structure that is also filled with polished and refined details reflecting both the greatness of Lettice Curtis and the expertise of Bremont in the art of watch-making.
There’s no doubt about its performance, as its functionality, accuracy, water resistance have all been thoroughly inspected and tweaked countless of times to achieve the perfect balance. Any woman would have a dignified look wearing this watch on the wrist, while carrying with her a symbol of women’s power and importance.
While the quality of Bremont’s pieces is unquestionable, the price point for the SOLO-32-LC-WH-BR Watch can be a little steep. Those looking for a simple and straightforward watch may see this piece as too much of a stretch for their budget, while they can easily just pick from many options without maxing out their finances.
- Bremont Supermarine Endurance
- Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris Memovox Watch
- Montblanc 1858 Geosphere Watch
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Watch