The deep and meaningful history of haute horlogerie has been intertwined with the advancement of technology. With the interplay of technology and the art of watchmaking, very few emerged as remarkable watchmakers who are able to make a permanent mark on the 21st century haute horlogerie. One of them is Maison Greubel Forsey, a renowned watchmaker duo and brand recently acknowledged by the Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie (FHH) for their brilliant mastery of the watchmaking craft and the unique techniques and designs they have brought into the horology world. One of these designs is called the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique Watch.
Release Date & Price
Release Date: 2017
Price: $370,000 (gold) and $395,000 (platinum)
The release of the Greubel Forsey Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique was done 10 years after the iconic Tourbillon 24 Secondes Asymétrique was released. The Historique was first shown during the SIHH 2017 where it already captured interest and admiration.
- Case: 44 x 15.78 mm, red gold or platinum; transparent back
- Movement: manual winding Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique caliber with 24-second tourbillon inclined at 25 degrees
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds; power reserve indication
- Number of jewels: 36 (Olived-domed jewels in gold chatons)
- Number of parts: (Movement) 302 parts; (Tourbillon cage) 88 parts
- Chronometric Power Reserve: 72 hours
- Strap and clasp: Hand-sewn alligator
As with any Greubel Forsey watch, what you’ll get in the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique is a remarkable watch with features that will impress you. Marked down and divided at the middle, sections of the watch’s dial include the sapphire display that showcases the inclined tourbillon (angle: 25°) that should be a work of art itself. This part adds an asymmetric charm to the piece, with the brand able to show off its mastery even in making asymmetric casing.
Owning something so unique is already a great advantage for enthusiasts, yet knowing that there are only 22 pieces of Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique out there in the world is another thing altogether (Limited edition: 11 red gold & 11 platinum watches). Of course the quality is impeccable, apparent to the perfectly polished bezel, intricate finishing of French text, and every little detail of the watch.
No one can ever question the quality of the intricate finishing of the brand, yet some feel that in this particular watch, Greubel Forsey delivered a sub-par performance. The signature mark of the brand can still be felt through the design of the watch, yet if one will be too critical, there are not that much fresh ideas added to the Tourbillon 24 Secondes Edition Historique, as compared to other timepieces of the brand.
- Greubel Forsey Signature 1 Platinum Watch
- Patek Philippe Nautilus 7010/1R-011 Watch
- Greubel Forsey Art Piece 2 Edition 2 Watch
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Small Model Watch